Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall Into Film

That chill in the evening air says Summer's almost over. I'm not fretting, because there are plenty of movies I plan to cozy up to in the near future.

Heartbreaker - No, it's not an extended music video for the Pat Benetar (or Mariah Carey or Dolly Parton) song. But it looks cute and light and funny. Even if it is French. (Owww!) Out September 10th.
Easy A - Yes, it's a high school movie (note refusal to call it a teen movie). But, it looks refreshing and smart. And fun. Plus, I like Emma Stone. Out September 17th.
The Town - Because there's just something about movies set in Boston. Out September 17th.
Life as We Know It - I know, I know. Katherine Heigl, Josh Duhamel, sappiness galore and baby-poop-on-face jokes. What can I say? I'm a sucker for these things sometimes. Out October 8th.
Morning Glory - I love Rachel McAdams and will (probably) see anything she's in. It also features the genius of both Diane Keaton and Harrison Ford, is penned by the writer of 27 Dresses, and helmed by the director of Notting Hill (those are two of my favorite romantic comedies, fyi).  Out November 12th.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) - I can't not. Out November 19th.
Black Swan - It looks beautiful and disturbing. And Natalie Portman is so often luminous. Hard to resist. Out December 1st.

So, there are others, including a few I'm on the fence about (like The Social Network) but that should do it for now. Anyone want to be my date for one of the above?

No comments:

Post a Comment